For the users who often contact with FDM 3D printer, when printing model, there are often a series of printing problems, which include software problems and hardware problems. Next, I think that three-dimensional will list some common problems and solutions for your reference.
1. No consumables in nozzle before printing
Reasons: Most extruders will hover at high temperature, the melting consumables in the nozzle will flow out by themselves, which often causes the consumables in the nozzle to run dry and form a cavity.
Solution: The core of solving this problem is to ensure that there are enough melting consumables in the nozzle of 3D printer before printing. The most commonly used solution is to add skirt edges. A few circles of skirt edges will draw a few circles around the object before it is officially printed, so that there will be enough melting consumables in the nozzle of the 3D printer.
2. Wire drawing or leakage
Reasons: Drawing is a kind of residual object when the extrusion head of 3D printer moves to open space. The main reason is that the consumables leak out from the nozzle when the extrusion head moves.
Solution: The common way to solve this problem is pullback. If pullback is turned on in the slice, the sprinkler will pull the consumables back a distance before moving the next point. When moving to the next point, the consumables will return to the extruder.
3. Blockage of nozzles
Reasons: unreasonable temperature settings (PLA temperature 190-220, ABS temperature 210-230) such as loss of consumables occur, the position of the feed motor of the 3D printer printer head has other foreign bodies stuck.
Solution: If the residue of the printing head is fixed, remember to clean up the remaining consumables on the printing head in time after printing. In this case, the consumables can be fed down to the inlet and outlet with a slight effort of the hand, and the consumables can be extruded. If it is still unable to spin normally, the throat can be dredged with a six-edged wrench or printed with a fine-pointed print. The nozzle is dredged.
4. Interruption of 3D printing process
Reasons: One is the power supply interruption of the circuit system, the other may be the poor heat dissipation of the 3D printer, resulting in unstable power supply, resulting in power outage. If you print with a USB cable, there may be computer failures, such as crash, card, hibernation, etc.
Solution: First, see if it is caused by power failure; then see if it is caused by USB line printing, computer failure: crash, card, sleep, etc. If the computer is not malfunctioning, see if the USB cable has magnetic beads, if so, it is necessary to eliminate electromagnetic interference. Suggestions SD card printing, and is to look at the platform temperature after interruption, may be the power is not enough, try a few times to see, or when this problem arises, replace the power of the 3D printer.
5. Edge warping in the model
Reasons: The reason of model warping is that the platform of 3D printer is too low, the temperature of nozzle and hot bed is too low, and the cooling of nozzle outlet is insufficient. Often occurs when the first layer of plastic shrinks due to cooling, one or more corners at the bottom of the model are warped, which makes it impossible to attach horizontally to the printing platform, resulting in transverse cracks in the top structure.
Solution: Use a heated printing bed to keep the plastics warm and not cured. Apply a thin layer of glue evenly on the printing bed, increase the adhesion of the first layer of material, or increase the cushion structure, and adjust the platform to strengthen the adhesion of the printing platform.
6. Extruding Hair Sound in Printing Process
1. The selected materials are inferior in quality, uneven in thickness, more bubble magazines and incomplete melting.
2. If the temperature of the print head is too high or the use time is too long, the material will be carbonized into small black particles and plugged in the print head.
3. The printer has poor heat dissipation performance.
4. When the material is changed, the residue is not cleaned up and will be left near the feeding bearing or conduit.
5. Too much wear and tear of feeding gear or insufficient scrap lead to insufficient torsion.
6. The GCODE generated by slicing software is not uniform, and some segments will be faster, which may lead to clicking.
1. First adjust the level of other materials to print.
2. Use something like an embroidery needle to try to dredge the print head.
3. Clean up the feeding gear.
4. If you are using a DIY or a second-hand device, you are advised to take it apart and learn about the structure and principle by the way.
5. If the above problem is still not solved, the print head may need to be replaced.